RE: [WriteLog] Master.dta file

To: Anthony DeBiasi <K2SG@comcast.net>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Master.dta file
From: Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 <Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:25:28 -0600
> This weekend I created a special Master.dta file for the FOC
> Marathon. The entries included the operators name such as
> "K2GN/LARRY".

There's a much better way to do this, by using the
"preset exhange from ADIF file" and creating an ADIF
"log" that has names in it.  If your contest doesn't
have a name field, simply add it to the contest exchange
parameters.

I've recently done this by essentially merging the
last several years worth of contest logs.  I now have
a master ADIF file that contains names, check & sections,
and states of over 20,000 different callsigns
similar TR's trmaster.dta file.  So, instead of using
last year's log as the only log for presetting the
exchange, I have used many year's worth, plus many
other contests as well.  Works for any contest.

And before anyone asks, no, I'm not willing to share
this file.

Chad WE9V