Re: [WriteLog] Log problems FMRE

To: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Log problems FMRE
From: "Jim Sharp" <jimsharp55@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 14:28:54 -0600
Don, thanks for your input.

I just operated a few hours in the FMRE contest to check out software. Good
thing I wasn't making a serious effort - as it would have been frustrating.

 Besides the MIC problem, I also had the rcvd field filling in the
previous/different band rcvd number which had to be manually deleted &
refilled before entering to save.

My auto cq (Alt-T) and clone RTTYRITE/mmtty windows would not be saved when
I did a file and config save, and then restarted the contest. However, I'm
using XP.

However, running 2 instances of rttyrite/mmtty with 2 different demodulator
algorithms was neat, even though I didn't notice any difference in print
unless one was overdriven. More experimentation needs to be done with mmtty
settings.

Did you have any of these same problems besides not being able to enter MIC?

73, Jim