Re: [WriteLog] Wayne's Email / Enhancements, etc.

To: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Wayne's Email / Enhancements, etc.
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 07:59:07 -0800
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:33:48 -0500, Eric Rosenberg wrote:

>4.  Better summary reports.  Even though we all submit our logs via
>Cabrillo files, I suspect most of us print summary sheets for our our
>edificaiton and paper files.  I'd love to see a summary sheet that looks
>like those that are (presumably) generated by the other contesting programs.

In the meantime, until Wayne changes the summary sheets, you can edit
the existing summary sheets to make them however you like (within
reason).

For example, in the recent FMRE Mexico RTTY contest, go to your
\ham\programs folder and find the file mexrtty.txt.  Open it with
Notepad or the equivalent and edit it however you like.  The items
enclosed in asterisks are loaded from your .wl file, so don't delete
them, but you can move them around.

In my case, I noticed the word "Total" was too long and caused the rest
on the items on the line to be misaligned.  Shortening it to "Tot" fixed
the problem.  Also, I pre-filled in my station info.  As long as it
doesn't change from year to year, that will save some typing.  Likewise,
I deleted the 160 meter entries since 160 is not allowed in this
contest.

I understand Wayne has brought in a third party to edit/improve the
modules, so some of this will no doubt be done in the future, but in the
meanwhile, go at it.

--
73, Bill W6WRT