[WriteLog] XP and laptop keying problems

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] XP and laptop keying problems
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:43:40 EST
Downloaded and installed User-port per directions for my laptop running XP
and keying off the LPT1 port.

Results are that in conversation mode, the sending is choppy with many
characters missed or incorrect. In logging mode, ie: DXpedition mode, I can't
get
the laptop to key the rig.

Using a 756Pro and a Compaq Preserio.  Any suggestions or help appreciated.

We did confirm that the module was insalled and running-

Leaving for 3DA in 4 weeks- Hope to have this resolved before then-

73  Paul  N0AH