Re: [WriteLog] modes again

To: Terry Dunlap <kk6t@pacbell.net>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] modes again
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:09:26 +0000
BTW

The commands for the bandmap are in the [Entry] section. Bring up the help file and you will find four parameters dealing with that. There might be a master parameter that set to zero would turn the rest off but I set each one to zero so I would not fool myself at some later reading.

Also notice that there is a new (I think) headphones parameter. But I think these are on the menus.

I went thru the whole ini help file and one of my ini files I use to set up for contests (the one I need for wpx). Now I have to go thru the rest of them making the same corrections.

Don't forget the Keypad1 and Keypad 7 if you are used to using the number pad to enter serial numbers. Another example of a feature being turned on that violates the normal condition of those keys as Number keys when Num Lock is on (one of my pre-contest check list items. "Is NumLock turned On?"

Doing a Setup, Save Configuration will write all these new keyboard shortcuts into your ini files.

With all this necessary editing, we sure better have a good frontend interface if we finally move all these items to the registery doing away with the ini file.

Jerry, W6IHG