[WriteLog] Spots newbie needs help using AR User with WL

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Spots newbie needs help using AR User with WL
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:23:12 -0800
My goals for this week were to learn how to get spots into WL and how to use AR User as a front end for spot filtering.

So far, I seem to have ARU talking to WL and spots are showing up in the WL Packet Spots window and double clicking on a spot in the window does what one would expect. Setting ARU to pass or reject various bands does filter the spots which show up in WL. Presumably, then, all the other filtering options in ARU should also work.

I'm using WL 10.27G

Here's where I need help. I don't really want to see spots from, e.g., ZC4 spotting YK as if he can hear YK I probably can't, so I set ARU to show only spots originating in NA. While this is better, I don't really want to see spots from W8 spotting EU as I probably won't hear the EU. However, I do want to see spots from W8 spotting SA. I have set ARU to show the country and State/Prov from which the spot originates. I can use this info to decide whether or not to bother with the spot, depending on band conditions, time of day, etc. However, the WL packet window seems to show only the spotted call and frequency with no info on where the spot originated. Is this how it is with WL or have I missed something which would allow the WL Packet Spots window to show the nice spot origination info provided by ARU?

TIA for your help es 73 de Jim Smith VE7FO