Re: [WriteLog] Delayed repeat CQ

To: writelog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Delayed repeat CQ
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:51:45 -0800
Did some playing around with this as I received a number of messages expressing contrary opinions. First of all, I only use WL for RTTY so I have no knowledge of how it behaves with cw or phone. I use RITTY, not MMTTY. My RTTY WPX CQ message takes about 4 seconds to complete. So, for fun, I just now set ALT T to give me a 2 second pause and hit F2. The 4 second CQ message runs to completion, there's a 2 second pause and the cycle repeats until I shut it off. So, for my setup, ALT T works as I described. Other setups may well require that ALT T time needs to be message time plus desired pause time.

I guess I misunderstood the part about hitting ALT T twice. I thought that doing this would pop up a little window with just the pause time setting. While my CQ was running I hit ALT T twice to see what would happen. After the first hit the regular ALT T window opened and nothing happened with the 2nd hit. It's clear now that what was meant was if one hits ALT T again after setting the Auto CQ going that one can then change the items in the window.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Jim Smith wrote:

That's funny, I just set the time to the length of the pause and it seems to work as I expect. I often set it to 3 sec and that's the length of the pause I get.

Didn't know about hitting ALT T twice. Thanks

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Ron St.Laurent ND5S wrote:

set the time to EQUAL both the transmission plus the pause.