[WriteLog] Mk V and rtty filtering

To: <jimsmith@shaw.ca>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Mk V and rtty filtering
From: "DESLOOVERE DIRK" <d.desloovere@skynet.be>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:45:03 +0100
Dear Jim,

In rtty mode FSK or AFSK the mark V will have only two filters :  wide and
narrow.

I have the standard 500 hz filter in my rig and an option filter in the 455 khz
IF    270 Hz.

I can neither select these filters as explained in the manual or in the
brochure, where you should select  normal : 2,3    narrow 1 : 500   narrow 2 :
270

In practice  only : normal 2,3       and narrow 2  :  500  or 270  as described
below

During contest I run mostly  500 hz wide, when the band becomes crowed I use
270 Hz  by selecting the filter menu option  8.x  .
After setting the filter in this menu , you have to push the narrow filter
buttom again to activate the new selected filter.     In the menu 8,x  you can
select also  500/250 or
2,3/250  cascade filtering.

With the mp  rig  the filter selection was much better and flexible, the ts850
and 950 serie from Kenwood has also this way of swithing filters.

73
DIRK
ON4ADZ