Re: [WriteLog] Ability to QSL numbers given to you by other stn

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Ability to QSL numbers given to you by other stn
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:33:23 +0000
The only thing that bugs me more than getting my number repeated back to me is getting a 73 included near the end! Well, maybe getting past the serial nr 599, too, but that only happens once per contest.

The exchange I always hope for (and sometimes get) includes the SN given 3 times WITH NO HYPHENS. I want spaces in there so my USOS can deal with shift problems. Why 3 times? I am confident of the number if I see 2 out of 3 agree. Too often, it is given twice and they disagree - then we start a lengthy repeat cycle... For most (but not all) of the recent WPS contest I sent my serial number 3 times, and got very few repeat requests.

Jerry W4UK

At 17:30 2/17/04, David O Hachadorian wrote:

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:31:05 -0000 "Nick Kail" <m3mlr@tiscali.co.uk>
writes:
>  Hi guys
> Thought I'd throw this one into the pot
> Over the contest last week I noticed some stations giving me a QSL
> on the
> number I have given them

> Anyone know the bit to do that  as I have looked in the manual and
> couldn't
> find it

I think this is a bad practice.
First, it takes too much time.