RE: [WriteLog] Auto resume CQ timing, MMTTY...

To: jims <jims@psws.com>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Auto resume CQ timing, MMTTY...
From: Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 <Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:08:30 -0600
> Are other people noticing these problems/features listed below?

> (1) The Timed CQ time you specify is from Start of message to
> the next start while in FSK mode. The CW and SSB modes use
> the time from End to start of next message as specified in help file.

This is true if you are using MMTTY, but not if you are using
the RTTYrite decoder.  I'm not sure about other TNCs.  I still
don't know why.

> (2) The auto resume feature basically does not work as
> specified in the manual for RTTY FSK with MMTTY.

That is correct.  "Dueling CQs" does not work in RTTY, at
least not with MMTTY.  It works great for CW and SSB.  I
asked about this during the contest and got no replies (save
one privately).  Wayne, can this be fixed?

Chad WE9V