RE: [WriteLog] Two Questions

To: "Richard L. King" <k5na@texas.net>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Two Questions
From: Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 <Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:20:35 -0600
> First, does anyone have an up-to-date summary of typical
> operating commands for reference. I mean like Atl-N,
> Atl-W, etc. I can't find a single page
> that lists the command usage commands.

You could go to Tools > Keyboard shortcuts to see a (I think
complete?) list of these.

> Second, Can someone explain to me the strategy of using the different
> headphone selections found under the "radio" dropdown. There
> is at least
> one new headphone selection there for version 10.45 but I can't find
> anything in help that discusses the strategy of the
> selections and what
> does what.

Only applicable if you use a WL/W5XD keyer.  Do you have one?
If so, Headphones Normal mean both ears on one radio.  Split
means one ear on each radio.  Toggle means if you are currently
normal, do split (or vice versa).  (This command is good to
assign to a hotkey, because it toggles the state with just the
use of one key.  Since I don't use a ton of messages, I've
programmed my F9 key to be headphone toggle.)  Lastly, headphones
latch means that regardless of being normal or split, both
ears will go on the "other" radio when one radio is
transmitting.  The "headphones reverse toggle" is always
greyed out, so I don't know what that is for, but the help
documentation says:
"This command puts the headphones on the radio without the
transmit focus (the "second" radio), or back on the transmit
radio if they were already on the second radio. Only works for
those CW keyer types that support it, otherwise this menu entry
is gray."

Hope that helped,
Chad WE9V