[WriteLog] Rigblaster Pro problems with Writelog

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Rigblaster Pro problems with Writelog
From: Joe Stepansky <kq3f@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:12:52 -0500
Hopefully someone has experience with Rigblaster and can help me through this.

I've setting up my new Rigblaster Pro this morning, and decided to test it out with WriteLog. I followed the Pro's setup instructions to the letter, and everything seemed to go well. But nothing seems to work from either a CW or rig control standpoint (rig control under LogWindows doesn't work either, but if this gets solved I'm confident that one will too).

I have the Pro set up for FSK, PTT and CW on what they call Serial/Com A (connected to my COM1) and Rig Control on Serial/Com B (connected to my COM2). Before I go on, rig control (using the external CT-17 interface on COM1) and CW keying (using my homebrew circuit on COM4) worked flawlessly during ARRL CW.

In the Ports window, I selected CW for COM1 (Rigblaster's COM A?) and Rig Control under COM2 (Com B?). I put rig control under ComB because under ComA the IC-765 would key when opening up either LogWindows or WriteLog.....putting the rig on ComB solved THAT problem, but now nothing recognizes the rig.

Similarly, pressing F2 for what should be a contest CQ gives me nothing.

Anybody know what might be going on. Again, I'm pretty certain all the jumpers are correctly set, since I've gone over them three times. This is, as usual, probably something small and silly, but I'm not getting it. Thanks for any assistance.

73, Joe KQ3F