Re: [WriteLog] Which sound card?

To: <nn0g@comcast.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Which sound card?
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:34:00 -0600
The Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Version 5.1 is a 18bit card.
Much improved over my onboard NVIDIA sound system
(you can see a cleaner signal on the MMTTY scope. admittedly not the best test)
The Creative Audigy is a 24bit(not absolutely sure on this) and should be even
better.
Santa Cruz currently going for 25 to 40 on Ebay
Audigy is more expensive like 60 to 80 on Ebay

I'm told that the more bits in it's decoder processor, the better.

I'm glad I switched to the Santa Cruz...