[WriteLog] Serial/IP Server

To: "Write Log (maillist)" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Serial/IP Server
From: "Richard Thorne" <rthorne@wtxcoxmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:07:44 -0600
Has anybody experimented with a Serial to IP server over a network while
using Writelog?

I'm currently running a Kachina 505 via remote which works fine.
However, I'm researching the possiblity of remoting a 1000mp and
extending virtual serial ports over the internet.  I'm using cable
modems (via the same provider) at both locations and when I ping my
static IP address at the remote site I'm getting average speeds of 19ms.
So I dont think there should be much of a delay.

I'm not too concerned about rig control but how cw and fsk may or may
not work.

Rich Thorne - N5ZC
Amarillo, TX