[WriteLog] RE: WriteLog W5XD MK-1100 Multi-Keyer

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: WriteLog W5XD MK-1100 Multi-Keyer
From: "W. Wright, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 03:23:31 -0000
>I cannot connect up this keyer so that I have the option of using PTT and
>QSK.  Setting up for QSK works fine as long as you do not connect a PTT
>cable between the rig and the keyer.
>you would be set up for QSK keying.  Nope!  Doing this results in weird and
>inconsistent output that is not QSK.  Also the rig will key in this weird
>way even if the rig's BK-In is off.  And the rig will key even if you
switch
>the keyer from "left" to "right".  (BTW I am assuming that left and right
>can be software chosen.)  The weird keying results in erratic power output
>that is inconsistent.  If I disconnect the PTT line QSK works fine.
>Art
>W2NRA

I took a close look at this and can't duplicate exactly what's described
in the posting--it was not weird, and it was very consistent, but I did
find one thing that was consistently wrong. If you set WriteLog with
the CW PTT is QSK, then CW sent from WL does not have the PTT go down
(which is correct), but if you touch the paddles, the PTT does assert
(which is wrong, given the QSK setting selected). This bug--asserting
PTT on CW sent from the paddles--will be fixed when 10.46 is ready.

Wayne