[WriteLog] Real Reflector Stuff - updating cty.dat files

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Real Reflector Stuff - updating cty.dat files
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <frugoli@worldlinkisp.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:36:13 -0500
Before ARRL SSB a new cty.dat file was put on the k1ea website that made vq5 a
valid prefix for vp5.  There were various issues related on this reflector and
others about it not working right.

I STILL have not got it working right.  I operated the whole contest with VQ5A
coming up as an unknown mult (which I know the log checkers will fix, but it
was still annoying during the test to not have it counted properly).

So, here's what I've done, and what happens.

Download the file from k1ea by right clicking on wl_cty.dat and saving it as a
text file.
Run wl_cty.dat through the convert cty to writelog program (whatever it's
called)
the program crunches for a while "Working, please QRX"  When it's done, it says
"All Done"  Here's where it seems funky, the OK button stays greyed, and the
only way to get out of the program is to hit the cancel button or the close box
on the window.

So, did the convert program actually finish?  By closing out or cancelling did
I undo the whole convert operation?  Why isin't the OK button becoming enabled?

ARRL is long gone, but I'd like to be able to update the cty file next year!

73 de Al, KE1FO

Outgoing mail is Virus Scanned byNorman Data Defense. Inbound Spam reduced
98.2% byVircom Sieve. WorldLink ISP Internet Services Internet service for only
$99 per Year . http://www.WorldLinkISP.com
http://www.worldlinkisp.com/