[WriteLog] Writelog can't see Hal question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog can't see Hal question
From: "David Ashworth" <fathom@Access4Less.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 05:18:56 -0000
Hello.  Attempting to make Writelog talk to a Hal DXP38.  Here is my setup:
TS850 rtty RCA jack to FSK jack on Hal, 9 pin RS232 straight thru from Hal
to PC, no PTT to the mic jack.  On Writelog, I get this: "RTTYrite failed to
find and reset the Hal board at i/o port 0X360.  Check your board switch
settings and set the P38_PORT entry in the rttyrite section of writelog.ini
to match the hardware".  Been looking at/changing the .ini file and still
get the same message.  I was running Writelog with the MMTTY patch, could
this be some of my trouble?  Perhaps someone would send a copy of what the
Writelog.ini file looks like to run the Hal.  Thanks in advance, Dave, NC6P.