[WriteLog] Voice keying with sound card

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Voice keying with sound card
From: "John Griswold" <kb1hdo@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:49:38 -0500
I feel right flat stupid in asking, but that's not an uncommon place for me to
be...

I am trying to set up voice keying with the sound card. Rig control is on COM1,
and that's been working very well since I last visited to ask a question. I
have an MFJ-1275 that works just fine with Writelog for RTTY contesting - where
MMTTY knows that COM5 is used to key the transmitter and the sound card is used
to process the RTTY. I set CommSlot4=5 in WriteLog.ini to gain access to COM5,
and I just can't figure out what combination of stuff to configure to get the
transmitter to key when I press a function key. Comm PTT doesn't do it, setting
CW on COM5 keys down constantly, All mode PTT on CW port RTS seems to key
constantly, etc. I'm sure there's a magic configuration, isn't there?

I'd really appreciate it if one of you folks  taking a break from contesting
could fill me in. Please use little words - I'm a software engineer...

Thanks in advance,
John
KB1HDO