Re: Re: [WriteLog] Hum in Audio

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Re: [WriteLog] Hum in Audio
From: Dave L Thompson <k4jrb@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 18:56:42 -0400
I don't have any problem with my FT 920 direct or thru the sound card.  I
did find some problems with the built in equalizer so I used the menu to
turn it off and add 225hz of base to the audio as the locals said I was
tinny and thin sounding.  Mic is a Heil with HC-4 element.  I have two
more Heil boom mic sets and a Telex Contester boom mic set and its the
same with all of them.  The telex sounds like a HC-5 type element.
There is nothing noted in the Yaesu service notes or the Yaesu page at
WM7D on mic audio at all.  A good ground is almost always required by
Yaesu gear or feedback occurs.  I keep a MFJ artificial ground around to
check the ground if there is a problem.  The FT 920 has not had any
problems that my earlier Yaesu's encountered.
73 Dave K4JRB