Re: [WriteLog] 2nd rig control program

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 2nd rig control program
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:13:15 -0500
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:16:38 -0700 (PDT), Duane Grotophorst wrote:

>For my purposes an enhancement to
>WriteLog to allow for a single com port be exclusively
>dedicated for CW and/or PTT use (regardless the number
>of radios) would be much more desirable. I could then
>simply switch the CW/PTT key line along with the mic
>signal between the 4 radios externally.

I would very much like to see the WL author get together with N4PY and
figure out a way to transfer CW from WL to the same serial port through
the control software. Perhaps more requests are needed to demonstrate
the level of interest.  I've corresponded with Carl about this a couple
of times. Or perhaps it isn't practical. But this sort of capability is
what it would take to get me to buy Carl's software.

Jim