[WriteLog] MK-1100

To: Writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] MK-1100
From: "Steve Jarrett" <k4fj@myway.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:50:27 -0400 (EDT)
 I am interested in the MK-1100, but I need a better understanding of its
operation than I could get from the website description.  I will refer to
connector labeling that is shown on the website prototype. LPT-Right/LPT-Left:
If I am using WIN XP, will I still need to install UserPort, or equivalent, to
make these ports available? PC Connector:  If I happen to be using a computer
with no serial port, will a USB to Serial Port adaptor (such as the Belkin type
that AA5AU recommends) make the conversion for me? Rig Connector:  What is
this?  Rig control?  Please tell me lots because I don't know this stuff well.
Rem Connector:  What is this?   Also, is there a listing of what all is
available on the LPT port pins?  I ask this because I read that not much
documentation comes with the Multi-Keyer.  Perhaps that is not the case. Thanks
in advance. 73, Steve, K4FJ