RE: [WriteLog] 2 identical soundcards

To: "'Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)'" <frugoli@worldlinkisp.com>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] 2 identical soundcards
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:56:00 -0500
Al,

Sarcasm first, good info below....

Inventers: This is a personal computer, not rocket science.

Hams: Why didn't they use a little rocket science when they built these
POS'?

Bob 1991: I'll never be able to get the average install working with this
stuff.  Now everybody knows WHY I gave up on ham radio computer control
automation.  I saw the need for 8 com ports and 3 parallels for a real
contest station and didn't think it would be enough....

Forethought has always been a limiting factor.

1. IBM, who would even need more than 2 Serial Ports.
2. IBM, who would ever use more than 16 Interrupts?
3. IBM, who would ever need more than 1 Parallel Port?
4. IBM, who would ever use more than 640K of RAM?
5. Microsoft, who would ever use more than 30Mb of disc space?

Now that you personally have broken the 2, 16, 1, 640, 30 barrier.. You
should be ashamed of yourself for violating ALL of the barriers at once...

You now expect win98 to handle two identical sound cards?

*** OK good stuff sarcasm over..***

I do know this, if you can find a Turtle Beach sound card, we had luck back
in the dark ages utilizing a SB and TB in the same box on some of our DJ
systems under Win98SE.

If any of you guys are running Win98 and not Second Edition that's the first
thing you need to fix.  Win98 is completely defective.

Under XP you will probably be OK with 2 sound blasters, though I have not
tried it personally.

Man, its great to be retired...  I hate computers...

Bob KØDD