[WriteLog] USB to Serial Converter

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] USB to Serial Converter
From: Joe Young <jwyoung@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 06:26:36 -0700
Hello, I have seen some reference to this on here before. I will be upgrading to a
new computer soon and it only has one serial port. My existing computer has two
serial ports which I use for :

Com 1           Radio control
Com 2           TU

Any recommendations for a converter to access my TU with the new computer (USB to serial converter)?
Also, do these units come with some type of software? When I use WriteLog to assign Com 2
to my TU how will it know where to go on the USB to find the old Com 2? Another "first time"
user questions. Thanks and 73 de Joe, W6RLL.