Re: [WriteLog] Why still no SSB message Mod ?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Why still no SSB message Mod ?
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:23:33 -0700
Hi Eric,

While I concur with the others as to the likelihood of FD ops getting confused by too many buttons to remember, (I can't even remember all the buttons you have to push just to make an RTTY Q and have to have a cheat sheet) here's something I do which makes it really easy to remember some of the buttons.

Right above the entry window are headings for call, etc. These are actually programmable buttons. In CALL I store the message "Ur call?" I store appropriate messages to ask for repeats in the buttons for the other fields. To send one, just click the button with the mouse. To program a button, hold down the shift key while clicking the button with the mouse. A little window will open up for you to enter the message. I think you have to hit ENTER to store the message.

This is all from memory but it should point you in the right direction.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Eric Hilding wrote:

As Field Day approaches, I've been asked by the local club facilitator to pull together the SSB voice-keying stuff.

I was shocked to find that the latest WL still only has 10 SSB message options compared to 20 for CW. Has this long overdue mod fallen through the cracks? It's really a super "must" handling ALL individual component part variatinos in the Fall SS as well.

A special bank of one-button color-coded Macro keys will trigger the following pre-records, but with only 10 current SSB positions, and a realistic need for at least 15 or 16 options, we're screwed:

SSB Macro Key triggers
==================
1. Their Call
2. Our Call (non-phonetic)
3. Our Call (phonetic)
4. Full Exchange
5. Class (only)
6. Section (only)
7. Again?
8. CQ (option 1 - short)
9. CQ (option 2 - long)
10. Please Repeat
11. Your Class?
12. Your Section?
13. QRZ?
14. QSL
15. Roger
16. Thanks!

Perhaps there is a "Mystery Switch" somewhere to enable more than 10 SSB messages???

73...

Rick, K6VVA