RE: [WriteLog] ORION direct frequency entry problem

To: "'Bob Henderson'" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] ORION direct frequency entry problem
From: "Barry Merrill" <barry@mxg.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:51:48 -0500
I don't have your problem:

I can enter any band's frequency in the Call Window,
and command the radio to that frequency.
I can Click on any spot and command the radio to that
frequency.

BUT MY PROBLEM IS:   NO RIG always shows up in WriteLog.

I'm using WriteLog 10.47E, Orion Update 1.370, and Windows/XP,
and the same cable between the notebook and the Orion that
I used to upload 1.370.

I've experimented with all possible combinations and
have found I can command the radio WHEN:

 a. WriteLog Port Window has AUTO selected.

 b. With no COM1 statement in WriteLog.INI.

 c. With COM1,9600 in WriteLog.INI

 d. With COM1,57600 in WriteLog.INI

 e. With the Device Manager COM1 Speed set to 9600 or 57600.

If AUTO is not selected, even when the COM1 statement, the COM1 in
Device Manager, and the WriteLog speed is 9600, NO COMMAND.

And it looks like ANY frequency is commanded;
Six Meter Spots changed the VFO A display to 50.110.

And a bad spot -1974787.2 for an SM, moved the VFO A display
to 47.483.

Has anyone got a solution for why WriteLog appears to not be
able to poll the Orion to report it's frequency?

Did this work in WL prior to 10.47E?

Barry, W5GN