Re: [WriteLog] USB Adapters

To: <tonyestep@yahoo.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] USB Adapters
From: "Art Searle W2NRA" <w2nra@birdsandbeacons.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 13:52:14 -0400
NL7G wrote:
> I used two USB ports with MicroHam USB rs232
interfaces in SO2R with Orion,
> FT1000MP.

I agree with NL7G on the microHam USB interface.
It's more than an interface.  IMO it's better than
direct serial.  I am running Windows XP and when I
tried keying via serial I got choppy CW including
character errors and even skipped characters.  The
microHam USB interface works PERFECT when I used
it to direct key my Mark V!  I now use it for rig
control and have switched to the Writelog keyer
for the convenience of using both the keyer and my
paddles.  Check out their website
www.microham.com.  They even offer custom cabling
and service is very quick for Europe.  I have used
the RTTY mode in years but I bet they'd make up a
custom RTTY cable for you.

73,

Art
W2NRA