[WriteLog] Band Decoding with ICOM 746 and Writelog

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Band Decoding with ICOM 746 and Writelog
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:11:46 EDT
I am trying to implement two band decoders for an SO2R setup with Writelog.
My two radios are an FT1000D and an ICOM 746.  The FT1000D has  four nice BCD
lines to drive one of the band decoders.  However, the 746 does not.  From
what I can figure out, there is a single voltage on a pin of the second
accessory
pin that relates to band.  Has anyone had experience getting a BCD out from a
746 to drive a band decoder?

I guess another approach is to use the BCD pins on the LPT port to do this.
If I do this, is there a way to provide BCD for both radios via the LPT port.
Or do I need to use two LPT ports to do this?  It was not clear to me from
the Ports setup screen in Writelog how to assign a specific radio to the LPT
port (I.e radio 1 or 2).

Any suggestions?

73,

Al, K0AD