[RTTY] ANARTS log submittal format

To: writelog@contesting.com, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] ANARTS log submittal format
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:07:00 -0700
WriteLog apparently does not output the band logs in the format required
by ANARTS.  Here's a quote from the ANARTS rule page:

LOGS:
Logs must show in this order:
1. DATE
2. TIME (UTC)
3. CALLSIGN OF STATION WORKED/HEARD.
4. MESSAGE INFORMATION SENT/RECEIVED (RST/TIME/ZONE)
5. POINTS CLAIMED.

Note that items must be IN THE ORDER SHOWN.

Here is a line from the band log created by WriteLog:

6  2004-06-13 0015 14095 K5OG   599 599 4  0014 8 0  3  K

The order is wrong in several places.  My sent RST should be followed by
time and zone but isn't, and the received time and zone are
interchanged.  In fact, my "sent" zone doesn't appear anywhere.

Will ANARTS accept this?  They shouldn't or they would be violating
their own rules, and I certainly don't feel like editing every line in
my log.  Or is there an easier way?

This is such a mess I don't think I'll submit a log until ANARTS either
goes to Cabrillo format or loosens up their rules.

Comments?

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW