RE: [WriteLog] MapCallOnSpace=1

To: Joe Wilkowski <k8fc@k8fc.com>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] MapCallOnSpace=1
From: Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 <Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:49:29 -0500
> I have set this option in the INI file and it still does not
> work.  As far as I know MapCallOnSpace=1 should do the trick.

It should.  Make sure that you have it in the [ENTRY] section.
It has worked here for a long time, one of my (many) favorite
features.  I suppose another silly thing is, I assume you
have the computer controlled radio working properly, and
the frequency is reading out properly in the button-like
thing to the left of the callsign.

>  It never has for me on a number of machines.  It seems to me
> you could also program a function key to do the same thing.

You can, just program "%B%B" into a memory (no quotes).  This
performs a dupe check which also places the call into the
bandmap.  Since no other characters are entered, it will not
send any CW or SSB, just a dupe check and put it in the bandmap.

Chad WE9V