[WriteLog] IC-746PRO stuck in xmit

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] IC-746PRO stuck in xmit
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-1@dfwair.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:01:18 -0500
Setup is Icom IC-746PRO, Writelog 10.42C.  Has worked fine
in the past, though I had to change the rig's CI-V addr to 56h to
make it think it was an IC-746 "non-pro", to match what Writelog
expected.

I just added a Rigblaster Pro.  Now, as soon as Writelog starts up,
the rig goes into xmit and won't stop unless I shut down Writelog
or change Port settings to remove the rig.

My non-contesting software (AALog/Hamport) does not have this
problem, though I had to change Hamport 'Flow Control' to None.

I have played with the Setup/Ports settings to no avail.  It doesn't
even matter what rig I pick, or what CI-V addr my rig is set to -- if
there is a rig selected in Ports (COM1), my 746PRO goes into xmit.

I realize the newest version supports the 746PRO, and I plan to
buy it, but I'm really doubting that this would resolve my problem.

Any suggestions appreciated.  (I'm a basic Writelog user, not a
power user, and the Rigblaster is pretty new to me as well, so
patience with my ignorance is appreciated!)

--
Dave NØRQ