[WriteLog] Experiencing Time Logging Problem on version 1048F

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Experiencing Time Logging Problem on version 1048F
From: "Jerry Cater" <jerrycater@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:17:23 -0400
During the IARU contest this weekend, I realized the time was incorrect in
the log.  I verified my pc time was correct, but the log time was off by an
hour.  I read the other time issues listed in the archives, but none of them
corrected the issue.

I am running Windows XP Professional and WriteLog v10.48F.

Since I am in NC, my computer is setup to use "(GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US
and Canada)".  As I entered my first QSO at 10:47, it listed my time as
14:47UTC.  Even after I unchecked the "Automatically adjust clock for
daylight savings time", the test entry I made was still 1 hour off.

As a quick correction so I could continue the contest, I forwarded my time
by 1 hour and all subsequent entries were correct.

It seems like WriteLog is ignoring the time zone setting for Eastern Time.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to correct the time issue?

Thanks,
Jerry Cater  KI4CCJ