RE: [WriteLog] USB TO SERIAL ADAPTER

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] USB TO SERIAL ADAPTER
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:15:27 -0500
I can confirm that it (F5U103) crashed XP Pro here.  Some claim to have the
F5U103 working with XP.  But I consider myself somewhat computer-literate and
was pretty blown away when it crashed XP.  It's the ONLY thing I've ever seen
crash XP.

Microham is working on a USB interface that will do FSK.  I was asked to beta
test it, but I've not seen it yet.  I promise a full report when I do.  However,
they have another USB interface made especially for ham applications.  See
http://www.microham.com/.  I've not tested any myself.

Anything I receive on USB adapters goes on
http://www.rttycontesting.com/usb.htm.

73, Don AA5AU