Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY Standalone no problem

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY Standalone no problem
From: "Ian White, G3SEK" <G3SEK@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 09:12:03 +0100
John Fleming wrote:
That must be what he's talking about Don - the RTTY Control Panel. I didn't realize it because I have those buttons turned off! (And I always forget how to turn them on/off - You chose Setup TNC from the Rttyrite window.) Garnie, those are -Profile- buttons - not macros. They choose a predefined profile, e.g. a combination of settings (eg Fluttered Signals FIR, AFC ON, NET OFF - or however you've set it up) and whether NET is on or not etc. The plugin will show 4 of 8 possible profiles if I understand it correctly. The profiles listed are defined via the Assign and Delete menus under Profile in the MMTTY program. I believe the default profile buttons allow you to choose a profile for CQ with AFC ON and another for S&P with AFC OFF and so forth. As noted above, you can program these however you like them by setting the parameters and then assigning to a profile. I think you hve to do this in the standalone version and then you will have the first 4 profiles available in the plugin.

Garnie, you can also save your personal favorite profiles to files (you can do this while MMTTY is running from RTTYrite). Since you can select a new profile very quickly from the drop-down Profiles menu, you won't need those profile buttons at all.

It's all part of the ongoing battle to save screen space.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK