RE: [WriteLog] CAQP setup help, please

To: "Alan Maenchen" <ad6e@inreach.com>, <bobmain1@alltel.net>,<Georgek5kg@aol.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] CAQP setup help, please
From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:21:51 -0700
Bob and George:

I received the following from Al, AD6E, CQP Chairman, just after re-updating
10.42 to 10.44.

I noted that 10.44 operates as George suggests--not only is Cabrillo
available, but the info--including ou-of-State QTH-- is directly entered in
the Cabrillo window.

This should settle the matter!

I hope to work both of you repeatedly next week from N6IJ in MONTerey
County. We just put a Pro67C on a pole on the hilltop and we should be LOUD.

Garry, NI6T

Garry,

CQP has accepted Cabrillo for several years. However, it isn't required.
"ARRL format" also works fine.  I sent Wayne a prototype Cabrillo format for
CQP about 2-3 years ago and asked if it could be incorporated into CQP. It
was, although it took a while. I don't know which revision started it.
Several other loggers have followed suit.

The in-state and out-of-state contest modules are different in that regard.
Don't know why.

Interesting side note:  Last year WA6O identified at least four distinctly
different Cabrillo formats in the various CQP logs we received ... along
with about 20 other log formats which included everything from Excel files
to JPG.  N6AA even sent in a binary file that I never did figure out .. that
one became a "check log".

73, Al