Re: [WriteLog] Import problem

To: John Fleming <john@wa9als.com>, writelog@contesting.com,Mike Fulcher <kc7v@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Import problem
From: Barrie Skeldon <bskeldon@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:49:26 -0700
To: <writelog@contesting.com>; "Mike Fulcher" <kc7v@earthlink.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 4:58 AM

Mik, here's some relatively worthless information:

I recently ran Ad Aware to get rid of some stuff.  Now I am having a
problem running setup for the latest version and importing my contest log
into DX4Win.  Here is the message I am getting:

I've used AdAware with no advers effects. I doubt this is your problem.

You say you're having trouble importing into DX4WIN - DId you mean to post
to th DX4WIN reflector?  They might be able to help more.

16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.   The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.  Choose 'Close' to
terminate the application.

I cannot find the autoexec.nt file, and can't figure out what has
happened.  Any ideas?

I just looked, and I do have the autoexec.nt file in the path just as you
have it above. It wasn't hidden or anything. Maybe you lost that file
somehow?? I don't know anything about it, but I will send mine in a
separate mail if you want to add it and see what happens - at your own risk,
of course!! HI HI

Good luck - John, WA9ALS