Re: [WriteLog] Edit window repeat

To: phil@k3tuf.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Edit window repeat
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:33:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/28/2004 12:13:56 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
phil@k3tuf.com writes:

Does the  capability exist to repeat a call and grid from one contact to the
next?
In  VHF/UHF contesting we often work the same station accross many bands, we
always ask if they "have any other bands".
Writelog is slick to allow me to  change frequency and band dynamically, but
when I get to the next band I am  intending to work the same station and am
forced (as I currently understand)  to re-enter the call sign.
Perhaps there is or could be a single key entry  that would recall the
callsign of the previous contact for this  workstation.
any help?
thanks
Phil

Phil,

Yes, I believe there is a facility in the CW messages to pick up data from
the previously logged QSO to use in the current QSO.  Check the help  file for
SETUP I CW MESSAGES and I believe you will find it.

There was a quickie contest some months ago that required sending the name
received in the previous contact as the name in the current contact.  I  used
the feature in this contest.

I am at work without WL, so I am unable to look myself.

73, George...k5kg/7