[WriteLog] USB / Serial converters

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] USB / Serial converters
From: K1DW@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:49:20 EST

Am trying to interface CW, RTTY, PTT and Radio Control using Writelog
(version 10.36G) in a SO2R configuration.  My computer is a Dell 4500 running
XP
with only two USB ports.  Right now I am just trying to get one  USB working
with
a CW, PTT and RTTY interface. Then will expand to other  features.  I built
the AA5AU serial  interface and am trying to get it working with one USB /
Serial port converter  (BELKIN F5U109).  I want to use FSK  rather than ASFK
for
many reasons with PTT and CW with the PTT feature.
1)      How do I configure the Setup in Writelog for using  USB / serial
converter?
2)      In the future can I use a USB 1 to 4 expander to  create additional
USB accessible ports with the appropriate USB to serial  converters?
3)      Will the expander control two radios (frequency /  band) and two USB
/ serial port converts to operate two CW, RTTY and PTT  interface?
4)      Is this overall plan feasible or over ambitious?
Dallas  K1DW@aol.com