[RTTY] Updated & NEW AA5AU RTTY callsign database files

To: <rtty@contesting.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Updated & NEW AA5AU RTTY callsign database files
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:20:17 -0600
I've uploaded an updated RTTY callsign database file to rttycontesting.com
today.

The master RTTY callsign database has increased from 23,349 to 24,027 callsigns.

This is a lot of callsigns and I have to guess that a great number of bad and
busted calls exist.

Personally I think the database has grown too large.  So in addition to the
master file, I've created a smaller database file.  This new smaller database
file contains all calls that are listed in the DK3VN RTTY World Ranking Listing
(RWRL) plus any call that shows up at least three times in Cabrillo logs I've
received for contests in the year 2004 up to October.  This file contains only
5,200 callsigns (weird it came out exactly 5,200).  Starting in 2005, I will
stop updating the large file and concentrate on building up the smaller, more
accurate file.

Download the zipped file aa5au_rtty041103.zip at
http://rttycontesting.com/aa5au_rtty041103.zip.

Instructions on how to use the .dta files for Super Check Partial can be found
at
http://www.rttycontesting.com/writelog/supercheckpartial/supercheckpartial_page1
.htm.

The database files also come in alpha-numeric ASCII text format and are included
in the zipped file.

For those that had problems using the larger .dta file with WL because of slow
processors and/or low memory should have no problem using the smaller .dta file.
Give it a try!

73, Don AA5AU