Re: [WriteLog] CW on LPT port with Windows XP?????????? Help

To: W0AH@aol.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW on LPT port with Windows XP?????????? Help
From: "A. Sewell" <n5na@att.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:54:54 -0600
LPT keying is not supported under XP unless you install a 3rd party program. Please see:

http://www.writelog.com/support.htm

I just installed UserPort and it worked fine.

Don't know what you mean about the SEND QRZ & ENTER feature.

73,

Alan N5NA

W0AH@aol.com wrote:

I'm using a new computer and Writelog v. 10.50D. When I go to SETTINGS and PORTS, the LPT Ports are grayed out so that I can not choose them. I am using a cable that worked fine with a Laptop (lost my COM ports on it) running Windows 98 in the past. What's happening? I also was not able to use the SEND QRZ AND ENTER feature with v.10.50D in last weeks CQWW. Anyone else had that problem? Bugs?
Doug W0AH