RE: [WriteLog] Writelog SS CW F-key memories

To: "Tony Casciato" <ai9x@arrl.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Writelog SS CW F-key memories
From: "Randy Thompson, K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 14:29:25 -0000
Looking forward to seeing everyone in SS CW this weekend.  Even if you can
only spend a few minutes in the contest, please do!  It makes it more fun
for everyone.

Here is how I program my F-keys for SS CW.  I am using the club call AK1W.

F2:   % B ak1w 73 WMA
F3:   TU ak1w
F4:   ak1w
F5:   %C
F6:   a^k^1^w
F7:   ?
F8:   cq ss cq ss ak1w ak1w ss
F9:
F10:  %C % B ak1w 73 WMA
F11:  CQ SS ak1w ak1w ss

Notes:

- I have CT Compatibility mode turned on.
- The F6 message sends my call with an extra half space between letters.
Makes it easier for someone to copy in QRM.
- The F8 message is a long CQ.  The F11 message (which happens when I press
F1) is my normal CQ.
- I program the bits and pieces of the exchange in the Shift F-keys.  So if
someone asks for my number, I press Shift+F1 to send it.  (The Shifted F11
memory contains  %  )

Good luck!

Randy, K5ZD