Re: [WriteLog] poor PC Generated cw

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] poor PC Generated cw
From: Steve Woodruff <sjwoodr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 07:42:53 -0800 (PST)
I have not yet tried the virtual device
router software that they have on their
website.  I just didn't have time to
mess with it before SS.  I started out
the contest and almost right away ran
into problems with cw jibberish.  I know
someone here on this list mentioned that
putting a space as the first character
of each of the cw buffers solved their
microham problem.... so I tried that, and
for about an hour I didn't have a single
problem.  But then the problem re-occured
although much less frequently.

I asked the folks at microham, how could
this be?  Why would a leading space make
any difference and they did not think it
should matter - but it did.

But in the end, I was still frustrated that
the interface would send jibberish at the
worst times... such as in the middle of an
exchange with a weak but desperatly needed
mult.  Argh!  :)  Probally not the reason
I only got 78/80 sections and not my sweep,
but it was still frustrating.

My next step is to try the virtual device
software they have on their site.  Lex -
are you saying this absolutely solved the
cw jibberish problem for you, or was your
problem related to rig control and cw on
the same com port?

/steve n9oh

===