[WriteLog] Dupe Checking on Network

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Dupe Checking on Network
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:55:01 EST
I set up a two computer Club Station for networking in SS last weekend.  Both
stations use Windows 98.  I followed the steps under "Networking Operations"
in the help file.  Specifically, I configured a SS file on Computer A, did a
"Register to Setup Network Connections" and than saved the file on Computer #1.
 On Computer #2, I accessed the file from the C drive of Computer #1 and then
saved it locally on Computer #2 as instructed.  I "Registered to Accept
Network Connections" on Computer "2 and then selected "Link to Network" from
both
computers.

All seemed to work well.  QSOs entered on Computer #1 showed up on Computer
#2 and vice versa.  I connected computer #1 to the Telnet for spots and then
setup Computer #2 to get it's spots from computer #1 and that worked fine too.

The problem was that dupe checking did not work accross computers.  Computer
#1 would only dupe against the calls that had been entered on Computer #1 and
Computer #2 would only dupe against calls that had been entered on Computer
#2.

We tried everything but could not get the dupe checking to work across the
network although the calls entered in each computer seemed to show up in both
computers logs OK.

Any idea of what we might have done wrong?

73,

Al, K0AD