[WriteLog] New WL Wish List Enhancements

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] New WL Wish List Enhancements
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:44:09 -0800
I will be posting a report of the pros & cons of the full automation "experiment" in the 1st half of the phone SS, but several things came up (including from other club members) which are believed to be enhancements which will benefit many others. I'm adding a few needed tweaks observed.

1. Packet Window -

A. Easy one! There appears to be a missing "spacer" between the two columns of checkboxes (i.e., a space is needed between the words Mults Only/In-Band On and the checkboxes to the right).

B. Not so easy? In the Window | Packet Spots options, there must be some way to also display the MULT/SEC Name (if one was posted) to make instant decisions by "priority" for more effective operation.

C. Should be easy! Regarding #B above, to highlight UN-worked Mults/Secs or have them display in a different color (for obviously efficiency reasons).

D. Not sure if this exists: Having the ability to resize the Packet Spot area.

2. Multipliers Window -

A. Not everyone has a 21" 1280 X 1024 monitor. Screen space is at a premium on a notebook computer. Having the Window | Show Multipliers option resizeable would be very helpful. Or;

B. Provide one additional display option to have less vertical height and all 1-10 call areas be in a straight line horizontally. Or;

C. In combination with the above, provide a "Font" choice option for this window as exists in the Bandmap window so a user could make it an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie window if desired :-)

D. VERY DESIRABLE: Like with TR, have the option to make "worked" Mults d-i-s-a-p-p-e-a-r so all that remains is a quick bird's-eye-view "Hot List" of UN-worked Mults. This also helps minimize eye movement. Personally, I'd like to see a config/setup option to have UN-worked Mults displayed in "Red", because this makes what still needs to be done stand out more. Well, maybe not for the color-blind I guess ;-(

3. Audio Muting for 2 Radios: For those with notebook computers and one sound card wishing to route audio via other external means to separate radios, provide a Config/Setup Option to *NOT* "mute" audio on one channel when another radio is selected.

4. Clearing a Field (NOT a QSO): I know ALT + W clears an entire QSO. I've checked the Help file for "clear", "wipe", "erase", "navigation", etc., but can not find a Hot-Key combo to clear/erase/wipe *only* the field the cursor is in. If I have not missed something, this would be a valuable enhancement, IMHO.

Thank you very much.

73...

Rick, K6VVA