[WriteLog] Serial Numbers in Multi Operations

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Serial Numbers in Multi Operations
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:31:04 EST
I know this has probably been discussed before but I just wanted to see if
there is a simple answer.

In our Multi-Single SS Operation, we were running two networked stations.  If
we started to enter a Q in the entry window on Station #1, a Serial Number
was automatically assigned.  If the op on Station #2 starts to enter a Q at the
same time, the same serial number is assigned. Once these numbers are
assigned, there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.  If the Qs are both
completed,
they both go in the log with the same QSO Number.  Does anyone know a simple
way around this dielemma?

TR seems to handle this a little better.  In the scenario described above,
the same Serial Number is initially assigned (just like WL).  However, once
someone enters the first Q, the serial number of the second radio is
incremented
automatically.  It does take some coordination between the two ops to make sure
who has which number, but TR does make sure that duplicate serial numbers do
not go into the log.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this with WL?

73,

Al, K0AD