[WriteLog] GoodTime in CQWWCW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] GoodTime in CQWWCW
From: <jduerbusch@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:33:08 -0600
Just a short note to tell you that I had a very good time in the CQWWCW last
weekend.  I only S&P and made only 400 Q's but Writelog worked perfectly all
weekend.  This is the first CW contest since upgrading to WinXP and I had no
problem at all with choppy CW (not that I had much of a problem before).

But what was really fun was using the Packet Spots window set to Azim Sort.
This way I could work stations in clusters at the same beamheading.  I used to
have to remember where all the prefixs where.

Also I want to thank Garry, NI6T for his note on setting up a shortcut key for
the rotor control.  It was so much easier hitting the one key with the left
little finger than the mouse key clicks.  For you that missed it I paste it at
the bottom.

I did not use the network so can't comment about it but everything else worked.
 I did have the log on my thumb drive the whole contest and it didnt miss.

73
Joe K0BX STL

"There AREN'T any single keystrokes to position the rotator---but you can
define one, using Tools/Keyboard Shortcuts.

Go to the Add Shortcuts subwindow, press Next Key Pressed, press the key you
wish to use, which then appears in the Shortcut Keystroke entry box. (I use
GRAVE, the key to the left of "1".)
Then select RadioAntennaToAzimuth in the Command to Run dropdown menu, press
Add Shortcut, and you are done.

Save Configuration for good measure.

Garry, NI6T"