[WriteLog] CW SS-Entry Problems

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] CW SS-Entry Problems
From: Dennis Mowers <k5ya@gvtc.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 07:32:59 -0600
I operate in the "Enter Sends exch/QRZ" mode.

When I get tired and in a hurry, I don't always get the exchange info entered correctly. I found that if there is a problem with the information in the exchange window, and I hit "Enter" WL sends the QRZ message, sending the other operator on his way. The QSO won't enter into the log, and the error is flagged in red at the bottom of the exchange window.

But, with the other operator gone after my QRZ message, I don't have any way to get the "fills" I might need.

I know, I shouldn't hit enter until all the info looks right, but if I make a mistake, shouldn't WL help me by waiting to send the QRZ message until there is no "entry error message" in red.

Wayne, could help us tired old operators by holding the QRZ message until the Q is entered into the log?

73, Dennis-K5YA