Re: [WriteLog] Need Clarification

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Need Clarification
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:46:57 -0900
The text below is from the Contests section of the WriteLog Help file:

"Any module that tracks DXCC countries uses either the DXCCDOS.DAT file
(ARRL countries list) or the DXCCWAE.DAT file (includes WAE European
countries) to get its DXCC prefix data. It uses the call sign field to
determine the DXCC country, and automatically updates a QSO field called
COUNTRY, and another called PREF.  For those cases where call signs don't
completely determine the country, it offers a list of letters in the COUNTRY
field separated by commas. You resolve the ambiguity by typing one of those
letters into the QSO field that is one character wide and labeled "C".

If the country is still wrong, enter the QSO into the log anyway, and then
use the Log Window to edit the PREF field for the QSO and type in the usual
prefix for the right country. If you're not sure of the prefix, the Contest
Display Multipliers menu entry for most multiplier modules lists the known
prefixes."

73,
Gary AL9A