[WriteLog] Soundboard SO2R Issue

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundboard SO2R Issue
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:59:09 -0500
Anyone know the solution to having a soundboard put the microphone input on
both channels of the stereo outputs, no matter what?  Running WL with two
radios selected, my old computer puts both the F key voice messages and the
microphone on the output channel that corresponds with the radio that has
log focus.  I'm now integrating a new computer, and the F key voice messages
show up in right or left as they should, but the microphone shows up on both
outputs all the time - meaning I can't use VOX, only PTT - else both radios
VOX to transmit every time I talk.  Viewing the soundboard mixer, all the
inputs except microphone follow the left/right sliders.  But the microphone
has equal amplitude outputs on both channels even with the mixing pot
sliders all the way left, or all the way right.  A soundboard issue - not a
WL issue, as WL is setting the left/right sliders as it should.  This is a
Creative Labs Soundblaster board, which passes all the tests of the WL
soundboard test program.
Thoughts?  de N4GG