[WriteLog] CORRECTION - Updated RTTY Callsign Database files nowon-line

To: "'Don Hill AA5AU'" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CORRECTION - Updated RTTY Callsign Database files nowon-line
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 23:37:34 -0600
Link below is bad... try http://www.rttycontesting.com/aa5au_rtty050106.zip.

Sorry

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf
Of Don Hill AA5AU
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 11:19 PM
To: rtty@contesting.com; writelog@contesting.com

Direct link is http://www.rttycontesting.com/050106.zip.

Readme.txt file is as follows...

Date:  JANUARY 6, 2005

***NOTE - THE AA5AU RTTY CALLSIGN DATABASE NOW HAS A NEW NAMING CONVENTION***
***THE FILE WILL BE DATED AS FOLLOWS - aa5au_rttyYYMMDD.zip where YY MM DD is
the Year, Month & Day it was created***

NEW! - Two new files are contained in this zip file (mstrtty_lite.cal and
aa5au_lite.dta).

The zipped file aa5au_rtty041103.zip contains 5 files.

1. Readme.txt is this file.

2. aa5au_rtty050106.dta - DTA file used with WriteLog.  This file contains over
24,000 RTTY callsigns and is used in conjunction with WriteLog's Super Check
Partial feature and callsign highlighting in the Rttyrite window.  This file
should be extracted and placed in your WriteLog Programs directory.  For
example, if you use the default location for WriteLog at c:/ham/ then place the
file in the c:/ham/Programs subdirectory.  Newer installations of WriteLog are
placed in the Program Files subdirectory.

Next, the Super Check Partial file must be set in WriteLog in order for it to
highlight callsigns contained in the file.  To do this, go to the Setup menu in
the main WriteLog window and select Super Check Partial.  Then navigate to the
location of aa5au_rtty041103.dta by using the Browse button.

050106 refers to the YEAR (05), MONTH (01) and DAY (06) that the file was
created.  This particular file was created on January 6, 2005.

3. mstrtty.cal - This file is an ASCII text file containing the exact callsigns
as the .dta file listed above.  This file can be used with WF1B or other
programs that use the ASCII .cal format.  It can also be used as the master file
for WT4I Cabrillo Tools.  This file lists all callsigns in alpha-numeric order.

NEW FILES

4. aa5au_lite.dta - DTA file used with WriteLog.  This file contains only
callsigns found in DK3VN's RTTY World Ranking List plus callsigns showing up at
3 times in logs received by AA5AU in the year 2004 only.  This file contains
just over 5,000 callsigns.

5. mstrtty_lite.cal - This file is an ASCII text file containing the exact
callsigns as the aa5au_lite.dta listed above.  Callsigns are listed in
alpha-numeric order.

I'm sorry but I will no longer carry a Friend.ini file on rttycontesting.com.
You
may obtain a good Friend file from Don, AF4Z, at http://www.af4z.com/ham/

The master RTTY files are created and distributed by me, Don AA5AU.  You may use
these files any way you choose.  These files are provided free of charge to
anyone who wishes to use them.

Please send any and all cabrillo logs, updates and/or corrections to me at
aa5au@bellsouth.net.

Thanks,
Don AA5AU
aa5au@bellsouth.net