RE: : Re: [WriteLog] why no XP LPT keying?

To: mel.martin@axare.mail.net, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: : Re: [WriteLog] why no XP LPT keying?
From: "AB2E Darrell" <ab2e@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:05:49 -0500

I agree with Mel.
I gave up after not being able to get either of the 3rd party utilities to work with Writelog for keying the LPT port.
The solution, a nifty virtual com serial keying cable from the guys at Microham. This works great and it's a single box for CW keying and rig control, uses a pair of virtual com ports connected via USB.

As an aside, I notice CWWIN works on my same laptop keying the LPT port with the old cable. Not sure what they are doing differently, but maybe Writelog could check into that.
73 Darrell AB2E

Also, LPT ports are going the way of the dinosaur... So it might be
worth considering switching to COM port keying for CW.